Camping - Camping £6 per person/night – Available Friday and Saturday or BUNDLE this with other options. Check HERE to see the pricing
Cliffhanger 2012 is giving you the opportunity to camp in one of Sheffield’s largest open spaces, in the Rat Race BASECAMP tented village. After having a couple of beers and listening to some reet good music where better to stay than....right next door! The Tented village is family-friendly, secure and has access to hot showers and communal cooking facilities. Here’s a low-down of what’s in-store…
Facilities in the BASECAMP Tented Village
The campsite will have all the necessary amenities to make it a home away from home. The following facilities will be available:
- Parking close-by
- Shower block (For availability please check opening and closing times)
- Communal areas for playing games
- Communal BBQ’s – (Food not included!)
- Kid’s activities including Giant Jenga and Big Board games
- Family and Quiet camping areas
- Late night Owl camping areas
- Camping Marshals for your safety
- Secure campsite with fencing
- Fire Points
Camping for Under 16's is free. A wristband will be issued upon arrival at the gates for both the under 16's and the parent or legal guardian. A parent or legal guardian will need to accompany the under 16 when in any sections of BASECAMP (Including Camping and BASECAMP arena) from 5.30pm onwards on the Friday and 6.30pm onwards on Saturday
Access to Tented Village at Graves Park
Pre-purchased tickets for any BASECAMP event and for the camping must use the Pre-Ticketed entrance via Charles Ashmore Road, off Meadowhead: Postcode is S8 8GJ. Please click here for further details about the Charles Ashmore entrance.
Timings for the Tented Village:
The campsite will open on Friday afternoon and will need to be cleared by 8pm Sunday evening. This allows you and your friends time to enjoy full days at Cliffhanger, including all day Sunday before packing up and heading home. PLEASE NOT THAT BASECAMP CAMPING IS NOT AVAILABLE ON THE SUNDAY EVENING.
- Friday – 3pm – 11pm Ticketed access only
- Saturday – 7am – 12am Ticketed access only
- Sunday – 7am – 8pm
Communal BBQ Area
The communal BBQ area will be available on Friday and Saturday and will be manned by our staff to help you along from 5pm both evenings. Friday night the BBQ will be available from 5pm – 11pm and Saturday the BBQ will be available 5 – 10pm.
Camping Code of Conduct
Camping is charged at £6 and allocated on a first come, first served basis. Tickets can be bought HERE. To make it comfortable and safe for all, we ask the following of you:
- Please respect other campers and the ground you are camping on: Love thy neighbour!
- Please take all your camping litter away with you, and dispose of it at home. The litter receptacles we provide are for the onsite catering, and our clear-up of the site. If these arrangements are frustrated it may lead to increased camping fees in the future.
- No BBQs. No large “Calor gas” style bottle cooking/heating appliances. No open fires. Personal gas stoves are permitted if used responsibly, but we encourage you instead, for the safety of everyone camping, to use the onsite catering facilities we have provided for you or the communal BBQs.
- Camper vans can be accommodated, but we regret that caravans and large motorhomes cannot. If in doubt, contact us
Do’s and Do Not’s
DO – Come prepared. Warm clothes and sleeping bag (or bags) are a must.
DO – Have fun and behave yourselves. Respect each other, and the Park.
DO – Take your litter away with you, please.
DON’T – Bring stereos, large gas appliances or wood for open fires.
DON’T – Litter.
DON’T – Start a fire. You will be asked to leave immediately.
Information on the following will follow soon so watch this space……………..
Friday Arrival – MORE DETAILS TO FOLLOW SOON
Saturday Arrival – MORE DETAILS TO FOLLOW SOON